CARE COORDINATOR - WILMINGTON
Purpose: The Care Coordinator is an integral part of the Care Team at Port City Community Church, contributing strong administrative gifts and experience to the work of care staff and volunteers. One uniqueness of this position is that the coordinator also provides direct Bible-based care, especially to women with addictions.
Position: Part time hourly
Reports To: Pastor of Adult Ministries
- Must be a believer of Jesus Christ and an active participant of Port City Community Church (a history of active participation is preferable).
- Must demonstrate a value of and naturally participate in personal evangelism.
- Must be a team-oriented person with the ability to design, implement and manage objectives in the various areas of the Care department.
- Must excel in ministry commitment, conduct and professionalism.
- Must possess training and development skills.
- Must be action and goal oriented.
- Must be computer literate. Would help to be proficient in MS-Word, MS-Excel and comfortable learning new software.
- Excellent organization and diplomacy skills are essential.
- Must be highly ethical and able to process sensitive information confidentially.
- Must demonstrate an acceptable balance of confidence and humility, and must be willing to proactively address issues in accordance with scripture and in alignment with Port City Community Church.
- Must have willingness to adhere to and support the Leadership Expectations for all Refuge Leaders.
- Must possess a passion for caring for those struggling with addictions and other life issues.
Refuge Ministry (60%)
- Assist Refuge Pastor
- Maintain attendance records and progress for all participants. Prepare weekly rosters of new members, all Redemption group leaders.
- Coordinate attendance for members of Christian Recovery House
- Coordinate Leader Trainings/Gatherings with Coordinator and assist organizing any functions for Refuge.
- Attend and co-lead outside local addiction-partnership groups such as IOP, local addictions events and detox meetings.
- Attend Tuesday night Refuge to greet new attenders, manage Refuge Host Team operations.
- Coordinate Refuge Ministry for Women
- Invest time in new leaders as they prepare to care for Refuge participants.
- Manage women’s Redemption groups.
- Assess new women members entering Refuge.
- Complete counseling training, including Core 1, Core 2, and others.
- Provide 1-2-1 counsel as needed.
- Be prepared to provide counsel in response to crisis situations as needed.
- Responsible for the overall execution of weddings and administrative process involved with weddings.
- Receive and manage various aspects of wedding requests for engaged couples that submit Wedding Information Request paperwork. Managing paperwork includes:
- Save paperwork to Box for pastors to view and enter into Google doc (shared with Couples Ministry Coordinator and all pastors).
- Contact couple within two business days to confirm paperwork and discuss various services requested. (Pastor, premarital mentoring, building, musician, external pastor, etc.)
- Coordinate with Event Planner if couple has requested use of building.
- Manage collection of pastoral fees and out of county expenses (i.e., mileage, overnight accommodations, etc.). This includes sending reminders to couple, processing check, completing form for pastor’s pay through payroll system and submitting mileage reimbursement on pastor’s behalf.
- Contact requested pastor for availability or contact all pastors for availability approximately 6-months prior to wedding date.
- Confirm pastor with couple and couple with pastor as soon as pastor is confirmed. Exchange contact information with both parties.
General Admin (30%)
- Responsible for administrative support for the Care team and ministry
- Receive and process all One-to-One paperwork.
- Scan paperwork to Box drive and enter into Google doc (shared with select Ministry Coordinators and Senior Staff).
- Contact individual within two business days to confirm paperwork and give estimated wait time. Offer referral if time frame does not work.
- Call to discuss specifics of situation if individual appears to be in crisis.
- Discern crisis situations and set Triage appt., if necessary.
- Meet with Care staff team as needed.
- Develop and maintain online forms for biblical counseling notes, weddings, biblical counseling intake form, and Refuge form.
- Support funeral planning
- Attend monthly staff and staff discovery meetings
- Participate generally in the life and work of PC3 staff
General Work Schedule (some schedule adjustments may be possible)
Part time hourly, 25 hours/week, excluding lunch
- Monday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday 3:00pm – 10:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Friday 10:00am – 2:00pm